It’s Tuesday so I figure I will share a testimony! Very abridged version
It’s so important for you to be where you are supposed to be so you can get what you are supposed to get. On Feb. 6, 2015 I reluctantly went to this meeting I was invited too. A few days prior all four of my wisdom teeth were removed and the medications had me feeling unique. Nonetheless, I pressed my way there. At the end of the meeting, there was an opportunity for prayer. At this point, I was really feeling some type of way, and just wanted to go back home and get in the bed. But no, that wasn’t God’s plan. So this lady asks, “Hey are you going up there.” I respo
nd, “NO I’m good.” Remember, I’m not feeling good, the meds have me feeling ridiculous. Somehow, She wore me down, and I went up. I approached the next available person and the first thing she asked, “ How can I pray for you.” I respond, “ Look, pray how you feel led to pray because I am not feeling good and don’t want my feelings to get in the way.” She prayed a prayer and at the end, I was like where is this Church and how can I come visit. Pandora’s box opens. She said, “the ministry is in Redding, CA,” I had no clue where that was … but she invited me to a local ministry night they were having on Monday for more immediate gratification. I am intrigued and weirded out at this point. So I wait until the last minute to get the details. It’s now Monday, Feb. 9, 2015 and the day the meeting. I’m still apprehensive, but feel a strong push to go… so I proceed with my plans to go. OMG… Mind Blowing awesomeness. We had a discussion re: Washington, D. C and the spirit of competition that rests here, and I was prompted to share what I wrote re: the Sprit of competition the day prior while I was at church. I knew God was working, but I wasn’t sure how.
I was in School at the time and some of the very things we talked about were taken place and left me astonished. I was in awe and in total amazement of what God was doing. It made me a true believer, as well as, have a desire to do the same thing.
What makes this night so special is that prior to me coming ( a few weeks prior) I had been asking God, Am I crazy? I was questioning my move, the business, my personal dreams, and the very vivid visions I was receiving. But at this meeting, a gentleman walked up and sat in our group and the first thing He said to me was, “God wants you to know you aren’t Crazy.” I was all ears now… He proceeded to say other things that were so specific to me, as if He was in my prayers. This was the type of thing I had read about but never experienced. It’s the type of experience that can literally change your trajectory.
This is just a taste to wet your palette. The story is still unfolding but here are my takeaways:
- It’s important for me to be exactly where I am supposed to be even when I don’t feel like it.
- I play a role and if I’m not doing what I am supposed to do then I messing it up for someone else.
- It’s okay to allow people to speak a word into my life, because it can be tested with the Word and if it doesn’t comply with that or edify, comfort, or exhort…. TRASH IT.
- Stay consistent – I thought I was off track, but in actuality I was right where I was suppose to be.
- Trust the Promise and not the Process – Dr. DeeDeeFreeman. You can look at the process you have to go through and want to give up, not realizing how close you are to breaking through. Hold on… Don’t give up!!!!
- Just because it’s new to me doesn’t mean its not legit – It made a believer out of me. I’ve heard of things happening to other people but had never experienced it myself was like… life changed and I’m a true believer.
I also want to say thank you for the individuals for being in their Set Place. I’m grateful for each of you and I know my life will never be the same as a result of the encounter with each of you. Thank you for your obedience, boldness, love, and Faith.
Share your story with me… I want to hear and be encourage by you!
“Don’t just look it, but Be it, because you are it!”