I’ve been thinking about my friends and regardless if we speak daily, once a week, once a month, or once a year, we have ties that keep us connected. There are mutual qualities that exist between us that allow us to pick up exactly where we left off without skipping a beat. So I wanted to highlight a few of those qualities that are essential in having a solid friendship! ** * Listed in no particular order***
- Take a genuine interest in the other person. Be other’s minded.
- Be loyal. There is nothing worse than a friend who is disloyal.
- Be trustworthy. If you can’t be trusted we have no dealings.
- Don’t judge – Who wants a judgmental friend? Not I or anyone else! Allow people to be themselves in a judgment free zone when they are around.
- Respect differences – We are all originals and aren’t built to think or act alike. So don’t expect others to be your carbon copy, but embrace their originality! God did create us to be fearfully and wonderfully made!
- Communicate – Talk, listen, share and be transparent!
- Keep it real – Be truthful and honest, just do it in love. “The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry, and a wise friend’s timely reprimand is like a gold ring slipped on your finger.” Proverbs 25:11 – 12 MSG
- Be RELIABLE – If you say you are going to do something, DO IT! Honor your word. “Reliable friends who do what they say are like cool drinks in sweltering heat—refreshing!” Proverbs 25:13 MSG
- Be a giver – It’s not just principal that it’s best to give than receive, but it’s relevant in friendships too!
- Laugh Often – A sense of humor is a #MUSTHAVE it keeps things light and enjoyable! “A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing…” Proverbs 17:22 AMP
- Be an Answer to your friend – Don’t’ give bad advice or be the angry friend that always has a problem. Dr. Michael Freeman says “Hang with people that have your answer.” Build your friends up with positive words of encouragement and be a wise counsel. “Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” Proverbs 11:14 AMP
- Be Open to try new things and creating new memories.
Cheers to building FRIENDSHIPS THAT TIE!